Prep Time: 35 Min • Start to Finish: 60 Min • 9 servings
1 package (16 oz) elbow macaroni
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh finely chopped garlic or 1 tablespoon minced garlic from a jar
1 ½ bags (16 oz each) Green Giant™ Fresh Cauliflower Crumbles® Chopped Cauliflower (6 cups)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups vegetable broth
1 ½ cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese (6 oz)
1 ½ cups shredded white Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x13-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta liquid to thin sauce if needed.
2. Meanwhile, in 6 quart saucepan heat oil over low heat. Stir in garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes until garlic is soft. Add 4 cups of the cauliflower, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and broth. Turn heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
3. In food processor or blender, place cooked cauliflower. Pulse 1 to 2 minutes until cauliflower is smooth. If needed, pulse in reserved pasta liquid to thin sauce.
4. Return the cauliflower sauce to saucepan. Over low heat, stir in 1 cup of the Gouda cheese and 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese; stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining cauliflower, cream and nutmeg.
5. Spoon macaroni and cheese into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining Gouda and Cheddar cheese. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.